Archive for December, 2011
SCOM 2007 R2, Windows Server Operating System Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 (BaseOS MP) version 6.0.6958 and ISA 2006 VPN issue
Network utilization scripts in BaseOS MP version 6.0.6958.0 may cause the following issue with ISA 2006 (installed on Windows 2003 Standard Edition x86 SP2 in my case):
- From client perspective: VPN connections stop working.
- Windows Server Application log: error with Event ID 1000, “Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, faulting module netman.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x00008930“
- SCOM 2007 R2 reports the following errors:
- The Windows Server service on server servername.domain.name has stopped running
- The Windows Workstation service on server servername.domain.name has stopped running
- The Windows Management Instrumentation service and ConfigMgr Advanced Client are unavailable
- Remote Access Service State is 1 – not running
- Microsoft.Windows.Server.NetwokAdapter.BandwidthUsed.ModuleType.vbs : The class name ‘Win32_NetworkAdapter Where MacAddress <> Null And ServiceName <> ‘PptpMiniport’ And ServiceName <> ‘RasPppoe’ And ServiceName <> ‘VMSMP” did not return any valid instances. Please check to see if this is a valid WMI class name.. The remote procedure call failed
- The Logical Disk Manager service on server servername.domain.name has stopped running
- The Computer Browser service on server servername.domain.name has stopped running
- Restart ISA 2006 server.
- Disable rules AND monitors according to Kevin Holman article “OpsMgr: Network utilization scripts in BaseOS MP version 6.0.6958.0 may cause high CPU utilization” http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2011/12/12/opsmgr-network-utilization-scripts-in-baseos-mp-version-6-0-6958-0-may-cause-high-cpu-utilization.aspx